Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let's call this the "Adobe Mock Suite"


Adobe: Build Your Own Adobe Creative Suite with Free and Cheap Software(via @Lifehacker)
Adobe’s Creative Suite is one of the best software packs out there for professionals, but the suite is prohibitively expensive for most people. If you can’t drop the cash, you can still get a similar experience with free or cheap software.
As someone trying to get work in the graphic design field, I’m thinking of downloading some of these free programs to learn the basics (namely Scribus and Inkscape) and if I do that, I will let you guys know whether or not these freebie compensations Employers will bother to look at your resume or not if their job opening requires “proficient adobe CS knowledge.”
There are some Graphic Design jobs out there that just require knowledge of Photoshop. Like, if you can slap stock pictures and text on a banner or page and know the size you need to make it for print, you’re qualified.  My first job worked like that and a couple of IT companies had pulled out my resume and called me for a graphic design position instead of the IT spots I had originally applied for with them.  I didn’t get either of those jobs probably because I came off as a timid little shit in the interviews, but I think this might useful to know for all you photoshoppy artists looking for work.

No comments: